A variety of resources for NP Clinical Educators (preceptors) are available on this website. Resources include but are not limited to links to the NYU Library (see below), to National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF) website for preceptors; the Institute for Healthcare Information (IHI) website; National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP); and the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
We will be adding new resources and/or links on a regular basis. Check back frequently!
Teaching, Learning, and NP Practice
NONPF Preceptor Portal - Clinical Educators can join NONPF as a preceptor.
- Oral Health in America: A Report of the Surgeon General
- Advancing Oral Health in America
- Improving Access to Oral Health Care for Vulnerable and Underserved Populations
- Oral Health Literacy
- Oral Health Risk Assessment Tool
- How to Perform Knee to Knee Exam
- Application of Fluoride Varnish
- Smiles for Life - Educational resources on the integration of oral health and primary care
- Institute for Health Care Improvement (IHI) - Contains information and resources about Quality Improvement
- Dr. Mike Evans Video: An Illustrated Look at Quality Improvement in Health Care
- Child and Adolescent Health and Health Care Quality: Measuring What Matters in an effort to standardize measurement of health care quality for pediatric care
- Refer to Box 5-1 to see Quality-of-Care Effectiveness Measures
- Refer to Box 5-2 to see Prevention and Health Promotion Quality Measures for Children
- Refer to Table 5-1 to see Measures of Quality of Services for Children and Adolescents
- Core Set of Children's Health Care Quality Measures for Medicaid and CHIP (Child Core Set)
- America's Children In Brief: Key National Indicators of Well-being 2016 - important indicators of well-being with your patients and families
- Children and Adolescent Health and Health Care Quality: Measuring What matters - Measuring the quality of health care services
- Thousanddays.org - Differences and in health care and other well-being indicators for the first 1000 days of life
- National Quality Strategy Stakeholder Toolkit - This Stakeholder Toolkit can be used by private and public organizations to advance the mission of the National Quality Strategy (NQS). The toolkit contains a variety of approved materials for organizations to use and tailor to their specific needs.
- NAPNAP Position Statement on the Role of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners in Quality Improvement
- Implementation of childhood obesity identification and prevention strategies in primary care: A quality improvement project - Example of how NP developed evidence-based guidelines for obesity prevention in primary care helped improve screening and education of children at risk for obesity
- Quality and Safety for the Education of Nurses - Addresses challenge of preparing future nurses to improve the quality and safety of health care systems in which they work
- How to Hold Effective Meetings
- Website for Effective Meeting Tools
- Resources on Team Building
- The State of Children’s Health Care Quality in Medicaid and CHIP: Who Are the Higher-Performing States?
- Is your practice up to date with the recommendations for preventative care?
- Organizations for Evidence-Based Care Resources
Nurse Practitioner Association of New York State - Professional organization that represents nurse practitioners at the national and state levels.
Interprofessional Collaborative Practice
- Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice
- Journal of Patient Safety
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- IHI Triple Aim